The library subscribes to a number of subject specific databases. You can search these databases to find articles from scholarly and popular sources, as well as videos, images and e-books. For a complete list of PGCC's databases click here.
Why is searching a database better than searching Google for college research?
Not only will you save time, you'll get better quality resources. Here's why:
1. A search engine won't turn up many Web sites containing full-text articles from publications people know and recognize.
2. Sad, but true: not everything is on the Internet. Very few substantive materials are on the Internet for free.
3. There is no quality control for information on the Internet.
4. 2/3 of college students said the Internet doesn't offer a range of resources wide enough for their research needs.
5. And most importantly--it's what your instructor expects from your research. Your grade depends on it!
--Source: The Top Ten Reasons TexShare Is Better Than Just Surfing the Internet, Texas State Library.
Can I access the databases from home or work?
Yes, but you will be required to login with your Owl Link username and password.
How can I use the library databases?
For more detailed information, visit the Library Tutorial!