Titles of Licensed Films (License End Dates)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What titles are available from Digital Campus?
"Swank Motion Pictures is the nontheatrical distributor for the majority of the major Hollywood studios as well as many independent, foreign, art house, and documentary offerings. We currently hold thousands of titles in our library." Search available titles via the Swank Digital Campus Movie Search.
2. How do I get access to movie titles that aren't on the list of currently available films?
You can search Swank's website to see what titles they offer. If you see a title there you would like us to consider adding to our collection, please fill the Swank Request Form. If Swank is unable to provide the title, we may purchase a DVD or find streaming video via other sources. For movies that are not available through Swank, please use the Materials Request Form.
3. Is closed captioning available?
Yes, closed captioning is available for most films.
4. Can I use one of the currently activated films in the Digital Campus portal if I did not request it?
Yes, faculty can use any currently activated film in their class.
5. How long are the films activated in the Digital Campus portal?
Films are available for one year from their start date and may be reactivated for additional years if needed. Film reactivation MUST be requested. Films DO NOT renew automatically. It can take up to 48 hours for a film to be reactivated.
6. How do students access the films?
You can provide them with the direct link to the film (available after the film has been licensed) or direct them to the Swank Portal.
7. Will students need any special software to view the film?
No, if using Chrome browser. If using IE, Firefox, or Safari, you will need to download Google's Widevine Video Optimizer plugin.
8. Can I watch films on my mobile device?
9. Can I use a Swank film in a campus wide screening?
No. Films may be shown in class or assigned to enrolled students to view outside of class. The films do not have public performance rights. If you are interested in a campus wide screening of a film carried by Swank, please contact the library for further details.
Contact María Bonet, Electronic Resources Librarian
Swank Digital Campus provides streaming access to feature films. These films may only be viewed through the Swank Digital Campus platform. Films may be shown in class or assigned to enrolled students to view outside of class. The films do not have public performance rights.
Films are licensed for one year from the date it is added to the portal.
Here is how the process works:
1. Search the Swank Catalog to see if the feature film you want is available.
2. Use this form to request that a film be made available in PGCC's Swank portal.
3. Once licensed, share the direct link provided to the right with students.
Note: Activation may take up to 48 hours (Monday-Friday) after movie is licensed.
Swank uses Google's Widevine Video Optimizer. It is pre-installed in Chrome. However you will be asked to download the Widevine Video Optimizer if using IE, Firefox, or Safari.
Simply download the plugin and you should be ready to view. You may need to restart your browser.