Your Library assignment requires that you write a response to the questions below in essay format. The response must be double-spaced, 11pt font, and at least 400 words.
1) What are some professional, (peer-reviewed) sociology journals found in the library and how would you go about accessing them?
2) What are some other sociology resources in the library such as popular (non-professional) journals, magazines and newsletters?
3) What is plagiarism and what are some ways that you can avoid it?
4) Write the following sources in proper form for American Sociological Association (ASA) documentation.
a. Your sociology textbook.
b. A journal article titled Study Habits of First Year Sociology Students by Leslie Anne Rhoades published in volume 8, page 56, in the Journal of Sociology.
5) What did you learn from the library session and assignment?
Find a Journal in the Databases
Wondering if the library has a particular journal or magazine? Use the Periodicals Locator to find electronic magazines, journals, and newspapers that are indexed in our research databases.
Refer to the Using the Periodicals Locator section of the Research Process for further assistance using the periodical locator.
Please be aware that this is the general assignment for SOC 1010 and your professor may have altered the requirements. Always refer to your professor for the most up to date information.