The Why - Blackboard Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI)
With this new library service, students are able to access library resources where they are and when they are directly in the Blackboard shell. Learning resources are right at the student’s fingertips!
The What - Blackboard LTI Integrated with the Library
Seamless integration with the Library is embedded directly in the Blackboard shell.
- Course Guides and Subject Guides for each professor's specific course
- A customized research portal of resources for students’ research needs.
- If one doesn’t currently exist, one can be requested for any course.
- Library’s Research Tutorial directly embedded
- An audio-visual self-paced learning module consisting of eight modules, which include learning activities and quizzes.
- Library’s A-Z list of Databases
- Includes a full list of databases to which the library subscribes, including trial access.
- Ask a Librarian Chat Service
- Students can ask questions about their research work.
- After regular business hours, students can post their questions and the librarian will respond to them in a reasonable time period during operating hours.
Preview of the Blackboard Virtual Library (click on the image to enlarge):
Where to find the Library Resources Link in Blackboard
- In the Main Menu, the “Library Resources” link is underneath the Quicklinks. This link is visible to students automatically.
- A library portal page will pop up in the Blackboard shell. The portal is complete with resources designed to help your students with their writing assignments and right at their fingertips.