The Library aids and services to qualified students with disabilities to ensure their effective participation in all college programs and services.
PGCC Campus Disability Support Services
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Marlboro Hall, Room 2102
Phone: (301) 546 - 0838
Prince George's Community College is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity in education, research, and service. The Library reflects this commitment by ensuring that collections, services, and facilities are accessible to all users. For further assistance or accommodation, please contact a staff member in person at any service desk or by phone, e-mail, or chat.
Locating or Reaching Library Materials
Library staff members will assist with locating or reaching shelved library materials. Provide the location information of your items to the nearest service desk and a staff person will retrieve the items for you.
- Windows computers in the library offer standard Windows tools for accessibility -- magnifier, narrator, on-screen keyboard, and speech recognition.
- Computer number 23, located in the Research/Information Desk area, is equipped with an extra-large monitor and has JAWS and ZoomText installed
- The instruction classroom (A109) has an adjustable workstation
- The second floor has an accessible cubical
- Accessible parking spaces are available in lot I, adjacent to Accokeek Hall
- The entrance to Accokeek Hall has push-button access on both sets of doors leading to the main lobby
- Elevator on the first floor
- Most of the videos in the streaming video collections include closed-captioning
- Some databases feature a text-to-speech option via ReadSpeaker
- The function converts text and streams the corresponding audio content without any software downloads or special plug-ins needed. Users can select any portion of text, or an entire article to be streamed as audio. These audio segments can also be saved as MP3 files for use on MP3 players for listening at a later time. (from Gale Databases to Feature Text-to-Speech Option via ReadSpeaker)