SOC-1010 Introduction to Sociology
Survey of sociological concepts and their application to culture, socialization, social organizations, and social change.
- Apply major sociological concepts, theories, and perspectives.
- Recognize research methods and tools used by sociologists to understand and explain human behavior.
- Apply ethical principles inherent in research, teaching, and practice in the field of sociology.
- Interpret sociological data using critical thinking skills.
- Apply sociological concepts to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Identify information literacy methods and tools used to obtain sociological data.
- Define cultural norms that influence social structure and social interaction.
Dr. Korey Brown
Address: Marlboro Hall, Room 2028
Phone: (301) 546-0526
Website: Social Sciences Department