Every 1320 section must include the following writing assignments:
- Correspondence, using a combination of formats, such as letter, memo, e-mail, text, IM, and social media, to include:
- Formal Research Project (the formal research project should include a research proposal, a formal report, a formal oral presentation (with electronic presentation software), and progress report
- Additional writing assignments could include other informal reports, such as meeting minutes, group activities, or response/journal assignments
Formal Research Project Criteria, requires the following:
- Make an argument
- integrate a minimum of five appropriate secondary sources; three of the minimum five should come from PGCC databases and / or PGCC library resources (print or electronic)
- integrate primary research (questionnaire, interview, or the like)
- write a minimum of five body pages per collaborative team member, not counting front and back matter; students who prepare individual formal reports should write between 5-7 body pages, not counting front and back matter
- Include APA citations
Additional class requirements:
- At least one writing assignment must be a collaborative project.
- At least one writing assignment must demonstrate a practical understanding of multicultural or international audiences.
- At least one writing assignment must demonstrate that students know the difference in substance and style between memo, email, IM, texting, and social media.
- Students must produce a minimum of 18-20 pages of business-style writing over the course of the semester.
- At least 70% of the overall course grade must be based on business-style writing.